KĀINGA 2020, this year’s two-day Māori housing summit at the Vodafone Events Centre, Manukau, 30 - 31 March, provides an opportunity to report back on the Kāinga Strategic Action Plan, reflecting on progress and challenges in 2019 and plans for the future. The Summit will include reporting from a range of organisations and people, with networking and opportunities to learn more about the issues in kaupapa-focused sessions.
KĀINGA 2020 Auckland Māori Housing Summit
On Day 1 we will hear from local advocates and government agencies on their progress for Māori in Auckland. In particular,Kāinga Ora have been invited to cover various areas including:
- tenancy management for social housing tenancies,
- progress and issues in the development of new housing,
- Māori input into design and urban regeneration,
- what Kāinga Ora’s definition and goals are for ‘community development’, and
- strategic interventions and innovations for better outcomes for Māori
On Day 2 we will hear from Ministers and continue the practice of hearing some of the great stories and outcomes from the sector in Auckland.