IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Independent Māori Statutory Board has made the decision to POSTPONE KĀINGA 2020, the Auckland Māori Housing Summit (scheduled for 30 and 31 March) due to the recent CoronaVirus cases in Tāmaki Makaurau. We will be releasing the new date as soon as we have comfortability that we are not putting people at risk.
KĀINGA 2020 Auckland Māori Housing Summit
KĀINGA 2020 will provide an opportunity to report back on the Kāinga Strategic Action Plan, reflecting on progress and challenges in 2019 and plans for the future. The Summit will include reporting from a range of organisations and people, with networking and opportunities to learn more about the issues in kaupapa-focused sessions.
The Summit will include updates from local advocates and government agencies on their progress for Māori in Auckland. In particular,Kāinga Ora have been invited to cover various areas including:
- tenancy management for social housing tenancies,
- progress and issues in the development of new housing,
- Māori input into design and urban regeneration,
- what Kāinga Ora’s definition and goals are for ‘community development’, and
- strategic interventions and innovations for better outcomes for Māori